Schedule An Acupuncture Appointment
Please Call: 315-785-9588
Acupuncture Watertown, NY
Adam French, L.Ac. is a Licensed Acupuncturist serving the Watertown, NY; Fort Drum, NY; & Gouverneur, NY regions.
My mission is to deliver high-quality, personalized Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine services to the people of Watertown, NY & Northern NY.
Chinese Medicine is a 2000+ year old medicine that has continued to grow and evolve since its inception. It is widely known for its ability to treat both Acute & Chronic diseases. Every year Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese medicine services are sought out by millions of people worldwide, which is a testament to its effectiveness & popularity.
Acupuncture involves the insertion of thin, sterile needles into specific areas on the body that are known to have a therapeutic effect. Needles are placed with the purpose of eliciting a healing response. This includes, but is not limited to: stimulating the central nervous system, causing the release of natural pain-killing substances (ie. Enkephalins), signaling blood vessels to dilate. Blood vessel dilation increases the delivery of oxygen-rich blood, vital nutrients and immune cells to damaged areas of the body. Acupuncture can also stimulate the nervous system to trigger specific reflexes which help "reset" chronically tight muscles to relieve pain and improve overall muscle and joint function. Acupuncture is most well know for being extremely effective at treating various pain conditions.
In other words we are focusing on the body’s innate ability to heal itself.
Common health issues addressed by Acupuncture:
- Acute & Chronic Pain
- Musculoskeletal pain & injury
- Mild Anxiety & Depression
- Allergies & Sinusitis
- Gastro-Intestinal Disorders
- Headaches & Migraine
- Mild Anxiety & Depression
- Sleep Disorders
- Menstrual Disorders/ PMS
- Fertility issues
- Menopausal Symptoms
- Plantar Fasciitis & Heel Spurs
- Trigeminal Neuralgia & Bell’s Palsy
- Stress Relief
It is widely known that there are many different styles of Acupuncture. Adam utilizes several methods of treatment for his patients, based on what suits their individual needs, to deliver the fastest results possible. The techniques he uses include:
- Distal Acupuncture (Richard Tan's Balance Method, Master Tung’s acupuncture),
- Orthopedic Sports Medicine Acupuncture (Motor Point Acupuncture, Trigger Point Needling, & Dry Needling),
- Auricular Acupuncture
Distal Acupuncture benefits include: (Acupuncture Watertown, NY)
- Pain relief begins within seconds of needle insertion
- Faster overall recovery times
- Needling is mostly done from the elbows and knees down
- Patient remains fully clothed
Orthopedic Sports Medicine Acupuncture (Motor Point Acupuncture, Trigger point Needling & Dry Needling):
- Combines Traditional Asian Acupuncture with state-of-the-art Western Biomedical needling techniques & dry needling (used by some medical doctors, & physical therapists) to quickly reset tight, short, or weak muscles.
- The goal of this approach is to treat muscle imbalances to increase joint mobility, relieve tendonitis & joint pain, increase muscle elasticity & flexibility.
- Also to increase the percentage of muscle fibers that function in unison to increase overall strength & functionality.
Auricular Acupuncture: (Watertown Acupuncture)
- A system of acupuncture that utilizes points on the ear.
- The application of electricity to traditional acupuncture techniques to enhance the benefits.
We do not currently accept insurance, however if you have “out of network acupuncture benefits” we can give you a receipt so that you can get reimbursed directly by your insurance company.